Descriptor of Session:
Are you looking for an easier way to communicate with parents? Would you
like to effortlessly share photos, videos and announcements with them? Are
you looking to get your students working in digital portfolios? Then ClassDojo is
the tool for you! ClassDojo is a communication app for the classroom. It
connects teachers, parents, and students who use it to share photos, videos,
and messages through the school day. They use ClassDojo to work together as
a team, share in the classroom experience, and bring big ideas to life in their
classrooms and homes.
Standards and Objectives, Motivating Students, Activities and Materials, Questioning, Feedback, Grouping Students, Thinking, Problem Solving
1. Basic Operations and Concepts Students: a. demonstrate a sound understanding of the nature and operation of technology systems. b. are proficient in the use of technology
3. Technology Productivity Tools Students: a. use technology tools to enhance learning, increase productivity, and promote creativity. b. use productivity tools to collaborate in constructing technology-enhanced models, preparing publications, and producing other creative works.
CCSS ELA, Math
PLC Guiding Questions:
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
1. Participant will create a ClassDojo account.
2. Participant will create a class and develop skills.
3. Participant will discover the Toolkit, Messages, Big Ideas, and Stories
(School, Class, & Student).
4. Participants will become students to model how Student Story works.
I know I am successful if I have:
* created a ClassDojo Account complete with students and skills.
* launched the Toolkit and explored all components.
* located the Big Ideas series & activities.