Has your student been sent to quarantine or are they new to distance learning???
There are a few steps to take at home to make the transition run smoothly from traditional to distance learning.
1. Email your student's teachers and let them know that your student will be learning remote and ask to be put on their email lists.
*Ask the teacher what platform they are using to push out information (Kiddom, Microsoft Teams, Email)
*Request an open line of communication between you and the classroom teacher.
*Ask the teacher what their expectations are for your student while they are a distance learner.
2. Find your student's livestream schedule...CLICK HERE
3. Sit down with your student and go over the details with your student and let them know your expectations and the expectations of their teachers.
4. CLICK HERE
to keep up to date with all the FAQ's from Mrs. Thompson. She keeps a wealth of information on her website for our distance learners.
5. Sometimes our teachers only have a small window to make phone calls and answer parent emails. Our goal is to respond to all email within 24 hours. We ask for patience within this 24 hour window.
Make sure your student is doing these things to make them successful:
1. ATTEND LIVESTREAM. This is the most important component of being a successful distance learner. This is the time the students can interact with the teacher in a live classroom setting.
2. Check their email SEVERAL times a day. Teachers have their planning time at different times during the day and sometimes this is the only time a teacher has to communicate with students and parents.
3. Know that logging on to Kiddom or Teams does not EQUAL completing an assignment.
4. In order for your student to be counted present for the day they must attend livestream and fill out an attendance form for each teacher. If this form is not filled out your student will be marked absent for the day.
5. If your student has a 62 in Skyward that indicates a missing or incomplete assignment.
*If you do not know how to log into Skyward to see your student's grades please email Mrs. Robertson in the front office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Where do I find my Livestream Classes???
for info about 6th grade livestream
for info about 7th grade livestream
CLICK HERE for info about 8th grade livestream (posting soon)